Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Monday, August 16, 2010

To Fedora or not to Fedora?


Since I’ve moved down to Miami (about 3 months ago), there is one trend that took over the beach faster than the cast of Jersey Shore. Amongst all the Ed Hardy, string bikinis and Ray Bans, one fashion trend is completely unavoidable. South Beach has been taken over by storm, and I’m not sure if I’m ready.


The original fedora hat has gotten makeover and it has become the hottest summer accessory. Made of straw-like material, the hat is perfect for the outdoors and of course the beach. But is it wearable for everyday attire? Does it only work in tropical places, like Miami?  As a new “Miami-an” these are the questions I can’t quite seem to answer… well not yet.

Of course the celeb world has eaten this trend all up. Justin, Britney, Crack-han, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, Zefron, RiRi, Reese and pretty much every other tabloid darling has rocked a fedora over the past few months. But what works for them doesn’t always work for us real people.  

 


On a shopping trip this past weekend, I tried on my first straw fedora. And it wasn’t terrible. Actually, I kind of liked it. And, it was only about $10. I’m just not sure if I should take the leap of faith and make the purchase. I’m not sure if this is a look I can pull off. So I want to know what you think. How do you feel about this trend? Do you own one of these hats? Should I jump on this trend-wagon? Let me know what you think by answering the poll!

If you like this trend, check out the hat below!




No comments:

Post a Comment