Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Monday, August 9, 2010

Battle of the Sneakers



Above is the Converse All Star, which retails for $39.99.


VS

Above is a pair of Airwalk Kicks from Payless, which are on sale at $19.99.


So this next trend took me a little while to get used to. I wasn’t sure if the “Converse” look went with my style. My first thoughts were that they were kind of the “outcast shoe”, only for those going out of their way to be different. A few years ago, when my not-so-traditional-older brother got married, he wanted everyone to wear Converse. At the time, I put up some resistance.  

Now, these shoes are everywhere, and they work with almost any outfit. They add a level of casualness and style that not many other shoes can accomplish. I can dress down my work outfit or add a touch of rockstar to my clubbing gear.

I willingly bought my own pair recently (for under $20), and have been happy every since. I found a pair that closely resembled the Converse All-Stars for half the price, and they have definitely become a staple in my everyday and nightlife fashion.  

Click the link below to see the pair that I own and love!





No comments:

Post a Comment