Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sunglass Freak

Photobucket
Lady Gaga wears Carrera sunglasses in her “Bad Romance” video.

I admit it… I kind of have an obsession for sunglasses. When you put them on, you get an instant celeb-feel. But, I have this horrible problem: they always seem to disappear. I used to pay the crazy high prices and buy the designer brands, until I lost every pair I owned. $150 is way too much to throw away (approximately 33 double Cheeseburger meals from McDonald’s). And when I would finally be brave enough to jump back in Designerland, I would be terrified to wear the new pair. I wouldn’t wear them at the beach, the pool, the car (melting/cracking), or take them on trips…so I pretty much didn’t bring them anywhere.

That’s when I discovered generic sunglasses that mocked the look of designer brands. And they do a pretty good job at it! Now, I can rock multiple trends during the week:

Monday/Tuesday: is the “Rayban” look.

Wednesday/Thursday is the “Oakley” look.

The weekend belongs to the “Carerra” look.

And any night could have the “Kanye” look.

Not to mention, with the low costs, you can get any pair in any color. (Neon’s are good for clubbing or college football games!) I’ve gotten these types of sunglasses from a number of places including Target, Aldo, mall kiosks, Claire’s and American Eagle. All were under $20, and some were under $10. Click the links below to see some good deals I have found.


The white pair from American Eagle look like Oakleys!
Check out what I found at AE.com & let me know if you like it.



Comment with your finds or opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment